Wednesday, July 15, 2015

My Laptop Died

That's why I haven't been posting, well that and  recovering from my operation. When I was recovering I really didn't feel like posting because there wasn't much to post about except for
how great my family was at the time and how well the nurses on my floor took care of me. Also
 just thankful for being alive, it was touch and go there for a while that night! I'd like to say also
that if I hadn't stopped smoking over two years ago I know in my heart that I wouldn't have made it!

My laptop was old with windows 7 and not being computer savvy I didn't want to go on to windows
8...scared to death but here I am now with windows 8 and soon it will be windows 10!!! On my old
laptop it would get so hot you couldn't touch it an then would shut down without any warning,
it did it once while I was writing a post and it was all gone so I decided to wait, my son had my new
laptop and had to return it. So I'm back now and ready to decorate!!!

Now I can't load my pictures from my iphone or camera, my son is coming for dinner tonight so maybe tomorrow I'll get back in the swing of things after he shows me how!

Here are two oldie but goodies, I don't like to post without pictures, for you!
This bench I found at a yardsale for $15.00, Michael was home this past weekend, he is putting his
cottage by the bay up for sale and I gave him this to put in his mudroom.

                                                                       


I have so much to show you!



Rondell

4 comments:

ANNE said...

Sorry about your laptop! Love that bench!!!!!!!!!!!

Stacey said...

Oh no!! You know what...my laptop is dangerously close to that. I don't want the next version of Windows either. I've heard it's a bugger. Hope it can be fixed!

cynthia lee designs said...

It is such a bummer when our laptops die!! I got a new one several months ago and I'm finally comfortable using it. Love the bench that you gave to your son. I'm glad to hear that you are going okay now...being ill and in the hospital is always scary to me.
hugs,
Cindy

Kelly said...

I'm so glad that you're doing well. Yes, smoking is a terrible thing. My father in law (who is now deceased) smoked which gave him lung cancer. He ended up dying from heart failure. It was a difficult struggle for him dealing with lung and heart problems all at once. His body finally gave out last Fall. Very sad. I really wish that cigarettes would be banned completely, but that will never happen because they make too much money off it! So, now all we can do is teach our kids not to start. I'm looking forward to seeing your new posts. We once had a lap top get hot like yours and it ended up not working eventually. We had to get a new one. I think desktops last longer than laptops.