Monday, May 25, 2015

Outside My Home

Hello everyone, I hope you are having a wonderful long weekend, we are and I’m
glad to be up and around and enjoying it. We drove to the mountains where our
friends camp and had Buster with us , he loved being around a lot of other dogs.
We also stopped at an antique fair where I found an aqua McCoy planter and
also three croquet balls, which I had been looking for. Maybe one day I’ll find the
rest of them!
I haven’t been doing to much, can’t lift anything heavy but I have been outside doing
what I can. Here are some pictures that I took this morning.

outside 2015 001

I love my clematis, it gets prettier every year, not done yet but wanted to show you.

outside 2015 002

The birdhouse I bought at Marshall’s aren’t the petunias pretty?
outside 2015 004

I did buy another clematis for my light at the end of the driveway, I hope it grows.

outside 2015 005

The birdfeeder I found at Tractor Supply, I hung it from my light at the end
of the driveway, hopefully Mr. Squirrel won’t be able to get at this one!

outside 2015 003

This was a complete surprise when I cleared the dead leaves away from it
because I really didn’t think it would grow. It’s a Hydrangea that I bought
last year and planted, as you can see it is growing but I know it can take
a couple years to show some blooms!

outside 2015 006

A little of my front porch, still not done with it, just have to take it slow for a while!

I appreciate all that stop by and always read your comments!


11 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Hi You!!

I love your clematis. I planted mine last year and this is the first year it's climbing and blooming and that's so exciting!! Your bird feeder is darling, too.

So what is this about you not doing so well? Did I miss something? I hope you're feeling well...drop me a line, I didn't know, dear.

Jane x

Dawn said...

How beautiful, I love your Clematis. I have one in purple too at our guest house. After seeing yours I think I'll move it to the cabin.

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

Your clematis is beautiful! Hooray for the hydrangea coming back too!

Happy Memorial Day!
Pam

Stacey said...

Very pretty! I need to plant some new clematis. We had several in Oklahoma but haven't planted any here. There's nothing prettier...excepting maybe a blooming hydrangea. :)

Debby said...

I have a clematis that should be blooming soon. It seems very late this year.
I'm with Jane, are you okay?

Debby said...

Not sure that went through. Are you okay?

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your clematis...so pretty!! I had some in my backyard for years and something happened to it and it died. I have a hydrangea out front...it was given to me when my granddaughter was born 15 years ago. Most years...I get a lot of blooms, but last year...I only got one bloom. It is looking really good this year, but no signs of blooms yet.
Hope you get feeling better.
hugs,
Cindy

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Everything looks so pretty and your clematis especially...love them!
Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
Blessings,
Cindy

Kelly said...

I love clematis! It's such a vibrant flower. Hopefully that bird feeder will do the trick keeping squirrels at bay. Mine are supposed to be squirrel resistant but they aren't! Squirrels can hang upside down on mine and feed themselves plenty.

An Oasis in the Desert said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better, Rondell. I really like all the pretties in your yard. I would love to have a bird feeder again, but we have so many doves here, and they shake it around so the food is on the ground.....they are ground-feeders. It not only makes a big mess but also attracts pigeons...such a nasty bird! As so much of the rest of the country is moving outside, we are moving inside. Cannot complain, because we had an incredible Spring, but now we are into the 110+ temps! I guess I will just have to enjoy your lovely yard!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Rondell, when I clicked on your name after you left me such kind words, it took me to your old blog, when you were prim. I got so excited because I love that style and would love to have my house just like that but can only do very slight touches as I fear it is too late to teach an old dog new tricks and probably too expensive too! Your style is very pretty now though and I love your clematis. I did grow one many years ago but not for a long time. I got a hydrangea in a quart pot about 3 years ago and planted it out. It grew well and tall but no flowers. Last year I got one flower on it and this year there must be about 10, so don't lose heart, your's will grow..Happy Wednesday..Judy