Sunday, June 1, 2014

Stopped at an Antique Fleamarket

Over the Memorial Day Weekend we headed up the mountains to our friends camp and on the way
we stopped at a antique fleamarket all out in the open and the weather was wonderful, sunny and
not to hot…just right!
I found this cute little metal box all chippy and rusty, I put it on the shelf and I think I’m going to
keep it there…minus the price tag of course.
braddock fleamarket 001
Here’s the top of it, I have no idea what it was used for, I was surprised it was still there!
braddock fleamarket 002 
From the same man I found this tool carrier, it needs painted, I bought a Folk Art Paint
called Robin Eggs Blue but do you think I can find it? I hate when I put something
somewhere and then can’t remember where.
I just bought some pink impatients for it at Walmart, I think it will look so neat
with the blue…if I can find it!
braddock fleamarket 010
 
My favorite was this basket but when I saw it I thought it would be
at least $35.00 so I looked it over but no price on it. I’m like well
it’s probably more than $35.00, I asked the old man how much and
he said $20.00 but I’ll let it go for $15.00…ok says me.LOL He also
told me that it was used to carry bread.
braddock fleamarket 003
I like it better though with faux Hydrangea’s!
braddock fleamarket 005
Right now it’s on my table in the diningroom but I was thinking of on top of the
fridge.
braddock fleamarket 004
Here is my Clematis every year it never disappoints, it blooms in the spring
and that’s it so I wanted a picture of it before the flowers fade. We are so
behind in doing are back yard and opening our pool, living in the woods has
it’s pros and cons. Right now we have bag (tent) worms so bad, we have never
seen them so bad as this year, they are all over the back of our house and on
everything out there. My hubs has used a pressure washer but we don’t know
if they will come back. Oh, well:0
braddock fleamarket 011
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend coming up!


Rondell

14 comments:

cynthia lee designs said...

Love the metal box, the tool box, and that beautiful basket. You found some great goodies at wonderful prices.
hugs,
Cindy

NanaDiana said...

Rondell-What good buys. Loving that old tool box (or fishing lure box?) and the tool carrier and the basket. You did a good job shopping. Hope you can find your blue paint- that will be perfect! xo Diana

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Oh what a cute box you found and the $5 price is GREAT! I also love that tool caddy.

Blessings,
Linda

Dawn said...

I love the nice big basket. That will come in handy in so many ways. Great scores girl.

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

wow! you can't beat those prices! I love them all.

Alison Agnew said...

You found some sweet deals! I went yard sale-ing today and bought a vintage metal paper towel dispenser for $3-yippee! Thanks for sharing at Fridays Unfolded!

Alison
Nancherrow

Linda said...

Great finds especially the long basket. visiting from Fridays Unfolded. linda

Linda said...

Great finds especially the long basket. visiting from Fridays Unfolded. linda

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

Love the box, love the basket and LOVE that Clematis!! Beautiful! My purple one is probably a week away. I can't wait for it to bloom too.

Have a great day!
Pam

Unknown said...

I absolutely fell in love with the clematis. Beautiful color? Do you know the variety/name by any chance?
Thanks.!!

Kelly said...

I love your latest finds! You found some great deals. That white metal box was a steal! Love the tool caddy too. Yes, I agree it would look wonderful painted.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Wonderful finds! The tool box and the bread basket are really neat

Karen said...

Those are really great finds Rondell. You got a great deal on the basket too. I wish you luck getting rid of the worms. Thanks so much for visiting me.

The Charm of Home said...

Great finds! Thanks for linking to Home Sweet Home!
Sherry