Saturday, January 25, 2014

Bar Cart Styling

Hi everyone! Are you cold and tired of the white stuff yet, gee, this is supposed to go
on to next week, right now my iPhone is saying it’s 9 degrees. 
So I’m trying to keep busy inside since I can’t do anything outside.
Here is my diningroom table and entryway a few days ago
PicMonkey Collage
Piles of stuff on the table and an empty entryway which I’ll be showing you soon, I’ve been
painting something for in there. First though I want to show you how I styled my bar cart,
they aren’t easy to decorate unless you just wanted to put liquor  and glasses on it.
Here is mine, hopefully I’m going shopping tomorrow if the weather permits and I’ll
be looking for a different lamp to use, somehow I just don’t think the chicken/rooster cuts it.
This is the way I styled it first, using what I had:
bar cart 010
bar cart 014
So I fiddled with it for a couple days and came up with this:
bar cart2 008
I wish I’d have thought to roll up and hide that cord…oh well, somewhere around here I have little
clips I bought for something like this.
bar cart2 010
The little wine plates I bought at the church sale four for a dollar, I didn’t know what I was
going to do with them at the time but they sure came in handy here.
bar cart2 011
The grainsack wine cover I found at William Sonoma on sale for $4.00 I couldn’t resist.
bar cart2 012
Old and new wine corks fill a glass footed vase from a wedding.
bar cart2 015
Wine glasses, milkglass cake plate and pink tulips finish it off.
 bar cart2 016
For my chalkboard which I put back in it’s place, I made a cute, little banner from scrap paper
I found at Tuesday Morning.
bar cart2 017

bar cart2 019
I’ve been wanting to make one for a while now.
bar cart2 020
 
Hope your keeping nice and warm where your at.
 
 
 
 
Thanks for visiting and hope to hear from you !

9 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Your bar cart looks great...and who needs liquor to make it look darling? LOVE IT!!!! xo Diana

Anonymous said...

Very nice! I'm hoping to get a bar cart this year myself:)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Your bar cart looks great...love the grainsack wine cover!!

Blondie's Journal said...

I think you did a great job with the bar cart...I wouldn't know where to begin! I love the plates!

I wish I could get the energy to get some things done around the house, I'm just in a slump and only seem to come alive when I get out in the fresh (cold) air.

Stay warm...3 degrees here.

XO,
Jane

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

It looks great! I love the banner and the chalkboard. The cart is a pretty shade of gold!

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

I really like the way you styled your bar cart. I have one, too, and never thought to put a lamp on it, but your pretty lamp with the lovely lampshade is really a nice addition I think!

Dawn said...

Your cart looks wonderful :)

Helen's Decor said...

Love the bar cart. Yes, I am sick of the cold and snow. More is on the way...I think. There's got to be a warm beach somewhere! I'm visiting from Home and Garden Thursday!

Helen

Kelly said...

Well you've certainly got all the right ingredients for a bar cart! I really like the grain sack wine bag.