Thursday, October 10, 2013

2 Church Sales Over the Weekend

I’m doing a little work on my blog so bare with me, I like to change it around, I missed my pictures in the header
I don’t plan on weekends like this past one but I must say it is so nice when they do work out to gather some treasures, such beautiful weather too.  I had forgot about both sales … a sign and my son reminded me 1. His church food fair and indoor flea market. 2. The sign reminded me of the one I always try to make, they have one in the spring and fall.
I always find neat things at my son’s church every year, last year I found
Wicker trays for $3.00, so I was keeping my fingers crossed that I would find something neat this year too.
I think I did very well, I spied this ironstone sugar bowl for $2.00, an older lady was sitting where you paid and said she had brought it in and mentioned that she had the teapot to go with it in her china cabinet. It’s a nice sized sugar bowl, doesn’t have the lid though.
 blue pumpkin 011
Sorry for the blur on this next picture…it’s Martha Stewart Wrought Iron Sconces, which were originally $25.00 and found them for $5.00!
blue pumpkin 012
I figured I could use them if Jenn ever took the hutch, I’d love someday to get a dresser. Until that day I could maybe use one in the bathroom and one under the cabinets in the kitchen. It even came with the light bulbs.
blue pumpkin 013
A bunch of placemats were piled on this wrought iron wall hanging, I could see the very top of it
peeking out so I had to investigate. Loved it when I could see all of it, didn’t have a clue where
I could use it but for $2.00 I figured it was worth taking it home.
blue pumpkin 014
I’m so glad I bought it, put the picture back in the other room
and hung this one in it’s place.
blue pumpkin 015
At the other church sale all books were .50 so I bought a few, I like
this cookbook and do plan on making the Spinach-Feta Stuffed Chicken soon.
blue pumpkin 007
Great down to earth recipes inside.
blue pumpkin 008
A brass planter also for a $1.00, brass is becoming popular again so I figured I’d snatch it up. I’m working on something that I know will look so neat on top of it, hopefully
I’ll be done with it soon.
blue pumpkin 006
I did find some pinecones with some florist wire wrapped around them but didn’t take a picture of them, I think you
would all know what they look like.
Thanks so much for stopping by!
I’ll be at these parties:
Rondell

11 comments:

Brandi said...

Great finds, Rondell! Everything was very reasonably priced too. There's a huge church sale in my area next weekend that I'm excited for. Thanks for sharing your goodies.

Betty said...

You found some great deals. I really like the brass pot.

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Hey! You found some real goodies at great prices. I love the sconces and metal decor piece. I went to one estate sale twice this weekend, two days in a row. It was that good. LOL! Love it when you hit a good sale, don't you!

cynthia lee designs said...

Great finds at great prices!!
hugs,
Cindy

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

This is awesome!
Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Helen's Decor said...

Rondell, so good to see your post. Oh, my favorite of your finds is definitely that oval brass planter.

Glad you were at Maria's party today, too.

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Great treasures. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

lorraines resources and rewards said...

great deals and happy hunting from a fellow thrifter

Babs said...

You really found some nice things. Love the sugar bowl and the sconces, and I actually had a brass bowl like that probably 20 years ago. Don't know what I ever did with it.

Anonymous said...

You found some great bargains, and great prices too!!

Kathy

Debra@CommonGround said...

that little sugar bowl was worth the trip, right there!