Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Mantel Love

Hello there! Hard to believe tomorrow is the first day of October, right?
I’m really liken my mantel this year,
I used four of my crocks that I have had for years, you wouldn’t believe how many I do have down in the basement.
Anyway, I thought I’d use a few this year for a little bit of a rustic look.
Oh, and while I’m thinking about it the owl pillow on my sofa in my last post I bought at TJMaxx or Marshall’s, a few of you asked about it in the comments.
 009
Actually the two on the mantel and one on the left side at the bottom are called salt jars, a primitive mason jar if you will, you can feel the salt on the sides of them. Found these early in the 80’s so only paid a few dollars for them.
I think it all looks so nice against the white brick, one of the best things I ever did was to paint that fireplace, smile!
I’ve had the grapevine wreath and wanted to use it this year so wrapped some faux bittersweet from GW around it and added the blackbird from DT.
005
Believe me that is one budget friendly wreath!
PicMonkey Collage
004
Always use the checked pumpkin from Target…this is the left side of the mantle. The grapevine pumpkin is from JoAnn’s I bought it last year!


006

 

I wanted another pillow with just a bit of blue in it so found it at Walmart.
002
I think it goes so well with the Peacock blue chair, don’t you?
003
001
I hope you are having a beautiful Fall Monday!
I’ll be joining these parties…I can’t wait to see all the Fall inspiration out there!
 
Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit!

20 comments:

Ethereal PLUS what I Love said...

Very nice ... I love your little owl pillow:)
New follower, Francine

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Very pretty! I love the wreath on the window frame and the crow sitting there is just perfect. I like every element you used for your mantle this year. It's so pretty! You just reminded me I am also missing my metal owl I got last year too. Hmm? Love your owl pillow on the sofa too!

Dawn said...

Love the checked pumpkin and the owl pillow is adorable. Great mantel for fall.

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your Fall mantel and fireplace area!! It looks great!!
hugs,
Cindy

Unknown said...

Love the mantel! That pillow from Walmart is so pretty...love the colors. May have to go get me one. :)

Have a great week!
Amy
www.homesweetthriftyhome.com

Gail said...

Beautiful fall touches Rondell!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Beautiful wreath, just perfect for fall.
Love the owl pillow.
Those fall colors are gorgeous.
Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

Christine at Little Brags said...

very pretty and cozy Rondell!

NanaDiana said...

It looks like a whole lotta Fall is in the air at your home. Love it all- xo Diana

Joy@Thrifty Parsonage Living said...

Love your Fall mantel and decor!

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

The check pumpkins and your crow are just the best. Fabulous vignette. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Beautiful Rondell..I love the old window!

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Oh I love it all, love the slipcovered couch with the wonderful chocolate touches and I love that mantle with the checked pumpkins, they are so darn cute..I am your newest follower and would love you to stop over and see my house sitters...Phyllis

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

So pretty, Rondell! I am loving the gingham pumpkins...the Bachman's house had some this year, too!

Kim said...

I love your thrifty display and that chair is a great color! Love the pop! Thanks for sharing at our fall link up! Kim @ Exquisitely Unremarkable

Keepin' Up With The Jahns said...

Thanks for linking up with us. Love your display! Audra @ Keepin up with the Jahns

Melissa said...

Ooooo so many great elements here! I love the crocks and grapevine!! Nice fall touches! Thank you so much for linking up to our Fall Decor Party!!! :)

Melissa @ Shabby Love

Melissa said...

Oooo so many great elements! I love the crocks and grapevine!! Thank you so much for linking up to our Fall Decor Party!!

Melissa @ Shabby Love

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Very pretty decor - I like the checked stacked pumpkins! visiting thru Throwback Thursday.

Denyse @ Glitter, Glue, Paint said...

Your Fall mantle is beautiful. Thanks for sharing it at Throwback Thursday.