Thursday, September 12, 2013

911 Today


Hi Friends
How are you? I hope you are all doing well
I waited until today to post because when we were in New York City we visited Ground Zero and of course I took pictures for you.
It certainly has changed since the last time I was there which was 2002.
Here are some photos, I wish the museum had been opened but that won’t be until next year and that you will have to pay to get in. I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves. The 4th picture down is of one of the new buildings.school year and NYC 014
school year and NYC 020
school year and NYC 008
school year and NYC 011
school year and NYC 017
school year and NYC 016
school year and NYC 019

Here we are standing in front of the Survivor Tree
school year and NYC 012

school year and NYC 007

school year and NYC 009


We also went on the Sex and the City Tour which was fun to see where Carrie Bradshaw and her friends had been.
I’ll be back with more soon.
Rondell

3 comments:

andrea@townandprairie said...

I'm still speechless after all this time. I can't even watch those documentaries on TV. It makes me shake and cry.

Decor To Adore said...

This is one site I would like to visit. My brother is a firefighter and they truly are such devoted people.

Victoria said...

I spent the entire day yesterday watching 9/11 shows, I feel it's important to remember. My boys and I were there in August, 2001 and were lucky enough to go up to the top of the Twin Towers...I'm so thankful my boys had that experience.

Seeing the attacks on t.v., just 6 weeks later, was surreal. Thank you for your beautiful post! It's nice to see that area as it is now:)