Friday, October 19, 2012

Chalkboard Paint on My Hoosier

Hello to you! Been trying to do some catch up around my house, I figured it’s sure not going to get down until I do it.
I saw this idea on Pinterest and fell in love with it, thought darn, I have glass in my hutch doors but then my hoosier  came to mind and had a aha moment:) Already had the chalkboard paint so I went to town on it!
The dried hydrangeas I found in the mountains at a town festival for $4.00 a bunch last weekend.

pictures for blog 006
Taped it off very carefully. I used 3 coats of the chalkboard paint btw!
Picmonkey Photos 005/
So I tried a black tray from Pier One and of course it doesn’t fit with the basket up there and I like the basket up there, the tray is just leaning to much.
Do you see the faux bittersweet I found at GW a while ago?
pictures for blog 008
So I thought I’d try one of the wicker trays that I found at the church sale, fit a little better but not quite! I’m leaving it there until I think of something elseSmile
pictures for blog 011
Want to see the pin that inspired me? Loved it and thank goodness for Pinterest eh? The link to it is below.
173951604326897707_qqzHyZFz_c
http://bestefarsverksted.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2010-01-19T21%3A30%3A00%2B01%3A00&max-results=7
So happy you stopped by, leave a comment so I know you were here ok!
I’ll be joining these parties:
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Show and Tell @ My Romantic Home
Potpourri Friday @ 2805
Friday’s Unfolded @ Stuff and Nonsense
Catch a Glimpse @ A Glimpse Inside
Home Sweet Home @ The Charm of Home
Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
20 Below @ Christina’s Adventures
Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here
Redoux Linky Party @ Redoux
Feathered Nest Friday @ The French Country Cottage
Vintage Inspiration @ Common Ground
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed

16 comments:

Deserae said...

Your little baker's cabinet is so cute with the chalkboard paint you added to the doors! The whole vignette is fabulous :o)
~Des

ANNE said...

super cute!!

Gina said...

It looks great! What a great idea to add the chalkboard paint. Now you can have fun with it!

Sanghamitra Bhattacherjee(Mukherjee) said...

Very creative!
What a talent!
Thanks for sharing.
Hope to see you on my blog:)

cynthia lee designs said...

Your hoosier looks great with the chalkboard paint on the doors. Love your blue mason jar collection up on the top. I can't wait to get mine back up in my kitchen. We heard that the countertops should be in within the next 2 weeks. I can't wait!!
~Cindy

Gail said...

Love your Hoosier cabinet Rhondell and the vignette you created on top looks great! Enjoy your day, Gail

Debbiedoos said...

Oh wow that looks great Rondell. What a neat idea!

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

Cute change! I love the chalkboard paint on there. What a fun update!
Pam

srpprcrftr said...

Aren't you the clever gal? Great idea to put chalkboard paint on hoosier doors. What better place to leave a note, write down groceries you need, etc.
It sure makes me miss my hoosier we bought in KY. I miss it all the time
If I'd kept it I'd have taken out cupboards on wall in kitchen in our house now (western CO) and used the hoosier to replace them. Would have been so great.
When we bought our house here in CO there wasn't room for the hoosier so sold it, kicking myself just remembering. Wasn't til few months later I realized what I could have done with it.
Loved that darned hoosier. Until we got our new cupboards up in house in KY my dear hoosier held dishes, groceries. The cupboards in house were disgusting and there was no way I was putting my stuff in them. I felt like I'd cleaned up everybody elses' dirt, etc. far too many times when we'd moved into a place so I was waiting for my new cupboards to get put in. Had to wait for about a year with boxes of cupboards all over our dining room. Boohoo I want my hoosier back.

Unknown said...

Love it!!!!!!! I'm a little addicted to chalkboard paint at the moment, have you seen my fridge? lol

Unknown said...

Love it!!!!!!! I'm a little addicted to chalkboard paint at the moment, have you seen my fridge? lol

Lulu said...

Love your hutch which reminds me of a piece that was in my grandmother's kitchen.

Rita said...

So pretty!
rita

Christina said...

oh I just love it! It's so hard to take that risk - but it totally paid off :)

Thanks for linking to "20 Below Thursday"! :)

Brandi said...

I have never tried chalkboard paint. It looks great on your cabinet. Such a neat message board you created.

SewSweetVIntage said...

Love this look!!! My great auntie had a side board hutch like this!!!!! Wish I'd rescued it before it went to auction!
I've been on a chalk board binge lately. Becareful it's catchy:) See my post
http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2012/10/chalk-board-table_22.html
I posted Chic Americana Kitchen to Furniture Feature Friday. Following you now, and liked you on Facebook. Follow me too at www.sewsweetvintage.com Cheers!!!