Thursday, September 6, 2012

Yes, I Caved plus Tweaking a Fall Wreath


Hello everyone! I can feel fall in the air, mornings are cooler and it gets dark earlier now, we had a fantastic summer so I guess I have to let it go and look forward to what the autumn season will bring! I know that I’ll be doing a lot of furniture painting in the months to come because I caved, yes, I did and bought some AS Chalkpaint from Robyn Story Designs & Boutique! No, I didn’t buy the quarts but surely will the next time I order, she has a flat shipping rate which I love and with my order I received a official chalkpaint color chart, now for a newbie like me this is great because my next order I’ll know exactly what color I would like right off the bat!
I bought two sample pots and boy, does this paint go along way folks! I ordered Paris Grey and French Linen. Right now I’m using Paris Grey, can you tell, I’m such a messy painter? lol I guess I’m just to anxious to see the final outcome with this paint!
AS Chalkpaint 001
AS Chalkpaint 005
On my first project I wanted to start out with a small piece, so I went with a picture frame I found for a $1.00 that has beadboard backing, at the fleamarket earlier this summer. I had a before picture but deleted it by mistake so just imagine all white with a yellow flower under glass. Here is what it looks like now: I used a black and white photo of Lands End in Cabo that I had taken. I really like the Paris Grey such a true color of gray it is! Where you see the white is where I distressed it a little.
AS Chalkpaint 006
I hung it on a small wall between the diningroom and Kitchen.
I have so fallen in love with AS Chalkpaint, everything you have heard about it is true. The one thing I noticed was how smooth it was and how it covered so well, I even started on my bench that I have at the diningroom table, it just seems like I want to paint everything now. I was such a doubter but now I’m a true believer!
AS Chalkpaint 009
I also brought out my fall wreaths and cut some burlap, that I had left over, and tied strips of it onto my wreath to update it a little.
AS Chalkpaint 002
I saw this great inspiration on a blog but darn, I can’t remember who! Anyway it wasn’t my idea but I loved the look and I think it really updated it don’t you?
AS Chalkpaint 004
Thank you so much for visiting and your comments also make me smile♥ I would love it if you would like my Facebook page, a big thank you to the one’s that have!
I’ll be joining these parties:
Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style
Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch to Yours
Primp Your Stuff Wednesday @ Primp
Power of Paint Party @ Domestically Speaking
Cowgirl Up Linky Party @ The Farmhouse Porch
Bouquet of Talent Party @ Life on Lakeshore DriveRondell

16 comments:

Gina said...

Another one bites the bullet! LOL Have fun with your paint. It's addicting!

Your fall wreath looks great. Great idea to add the burlap ties.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

So glad you hopped on the ASCP wagon and love it. Thrilled that you ordered it from Robyn. They ship so fast. Love the project and now you are hooked.

NanaDiana said...

LOL- Here you go- off and running. Your little frame is really cute! xo Diana

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Ha! Welcome to the AS Club Rondell!! It's so addicting!

Gail said...

Oh no, you will be painting everything in sight now. Painting with ASCP is addicting! Your fall wreath is beautiful Rhondell!

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Your wreath is so pretty! I love the added burlap strips. That was a wonderful idea. I cannot wait to see how your painting projects progress. Have fun!

Anne said...

You've really done it now LOL! This paint is addictive! I really love it although occasionally I will still make my own.But LOVE the colors.I am also looking forward to MMS milk paint too!Pretty fall wreath!
xx
Anne

cynthia lee designs said...

Your wreath is so pretty!! I've been wanting to get some AS Chalkpaint. We have a big Flea Market here in town next weekend and I know there is a booth there that sells it...just might have to pick some up then.
Cindy

Anonymous said...

I love your wreath!! The frame looks perfect.

Kathy

Patty said...

Your picture frame looks great. I want to paint a chest of drawers black - would this kind of paint work? I need to learn how to do this. Have never done it before. Your wall looks great with the plate and the burlap indeed was a great idea!

Patty said...

Your picture frame looks great. I want to paint a chest of drawers black - would this kind of paint work? I need to learn how to do this. Have never done it before. Your wall looks great with the plate and the burlap indeed was a great idea!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

The frame turned out so cool, Rondell; such a beautiful shade of gray! I really like your wreath, too. I'm lovin' getting my "Fall On!"

Unknown said...

Your frame came out look great. This is the first time I have seen a more modern piece done with the ASCP and distressed and I love it.
Thanks for sharing.
Traci

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Stunning wreath...and the gray frame is perfect. I do love the AS paint too. I am out of Old White, my go to, and need to order another can. Hope all is well and you are enjoying the Fall so far.

Kelly said...

How exciting to get to try the chalk paint for the first time! Do you want to know a little secret? I've never used it before. Shhhh.....shocking isn't it? And, you thought you were the last one to ever try it. I have a sister who has painted almost everything in her entire house in it and I STILL haven't tried it. Oh well. I'm sure one day I will bite the bullet like you did and give it a try. I'm glad to hear that you love it. That motivates me more. Love your frame painted. That is one of my favorite colors!

Unknown said...

Your frame turned out great! I love ASCP! It is so easy to use. I love your gorgeous fall wreath. Thank you so much for sharing at Bouquet of Talent. I am so thrilled to have you share. :)