Friday, January 20, 2012

Shelf Styling, black & white print and Zumba


Hey, Bloggy friends, hope your doing well. I’ve been busy doing some changes in my home, it’s time for a newer look so I’ve been concentrating on shelves and my entryway. Pinterest has helped me so much, I just love that site, I could spend hours/which I do on it! I’ve also been shopping in my around my home and in the basement, I have stuff down there that makes my husband just shake his head! For instance the clock was in my bedroom, the wooden wagon wheel was in the basement and the telephone I just could never find a place for now it has a home.
Here’s is some work I’ve been doing on my blue cupboard that Mr.K built for me.
This is how it looked when I was into my other style.
100_2629
Once I started into my current style.
P5050731
So here is what I did…I took everything off of the shelves and used ideas from pictures I had pinned onto my board on Pinterest titled (shelf styling) and went to town on it, it’s not done but for now it is because I have to get ready for work.LOL I love that my husband put a hole in it for the light cord. I painted and used stain on it, maybe someday I will paint the beadboard cottage white, I’ll have to add that to my to do list though!
P1181970
Do you like? I loved incorporating some vintage stuff on the shelves, the very top isn’t done yet either. It gave it such a different look I think!
P1181977
P1181972

P1181975

P1181974
I’ve also been busy with this, I found this black and white print at GW for $1.99 and I’ve had it for a while, just needed a frame, finally found one also GW.
P1171959 P1171958
and here it is!
P1191984
All for about $4.00, love black and white prints and I’m thinking of doing a wall of them in my entryway since the mirrors are being kept on the mantel.
Thanks for stopping by I always love having you! Oh, and one other thing that has been keeping me busy, Zumba classes! I love it and I’ve been sleeping like a baby, that’s just !one of the many benefits of taking these classes. Just Do It, like Niki says, that has been what I keep repeating to myself this new year
Zumba2
I’m joining these parties today:
Wow Us Wednesday
Show and Tell Friday
Thrifty Thursday
Potpourri Friday
Inspiration Friday
Vintage Inspiration Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Transformation Thursday
Open House Party Thursday
Flaunt it Friday

17 comments:

Goldie said...

I like it!

LeAnn said...

Hi Rondell,

I'm so glad I found you again. I actually found you through Pinterest. Yes it's an awesome place to spend a lot of time (sometimes too much time for me). Anyway, I can't wait to get caught up on your blog.

xo
LeAnn

NanaDiana said...

Rondell-It looks great- really, really nice. I like that it is lighter and brighter looking. Congrats on the exercise classes! xo Diana

cynthia lee designs said...

Just love your cupboard and it looks great with it's new display. Pinterest is a great place for getting inspiration. I can spend forever looking around on their site.
hugs,
Cindy

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Rondell I loved the look of those shelves in all your styles! That black and white photo is beautiful.

Gina said...

Your cupboard looks great! I find shelves very difficult to accessorize, but you've done a super job.

Kate @ craftwhatever said...

That is a great idea- to study what others are doing and using pinterest! I never know what to do. Better off with a nice pic to copy!

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

I do like it! Very pretty! I like your old bowls from your old style, too.

Debbiedoos said...

You have done a splendid job Rondell. I wish I had more shelves to display pretty dishes and all. I just do not have wall space in my kitchen. Love yours! Happy Weekend.

Gail said...

What a great job you did accessorizing your cupboard Rondell. It looks great!!! I always forget about Pinterest for ideas. You rock girl doing Zumba. I heard it's hard. Enjoy your weekend, Gail

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

I like your changes. What a great hutch that your hubby built! We had a phone like that growing up! Oh, I have a little wind-up clock like your Big Ben - so cute! Linda

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

I love the cabinet! Great redo on everything in it too. It looks so nice.

Nice find on the GW picture. I think a black and white gallery wall would look so neat.

Have a great weekend.
Pam

c. Joy said...

Great job. Does the phone work? Love it there with the milk glass.

Debbie said...

Looks great, Rondell! I like the suitcase on top!!!
The black and white picture is very nice, too!!
xxoo

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Zumba? You go girl! I love the suitcase on the top. That's a great idea! I also adored you beautiful grandchildren pics in the previous post. They are so precious! Hope you are staying warm!

Honey at 2805 said...

Thank you for sharing your wonderful post at Potpourri Friday!

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road said...

It looks great! That cupboard is beautiful, and I just love your style!

Thanks for linking up at A Simply Klassic Home!