Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Halloween and Made Something from Pinterest!

Today when I went outside to sweep the front porch off of all the leaves that settle there, I could smell fall…finally! Maybe as I’m getting older the sights and smells of life are hitting me right in the face. When I was a teenager fall was just another season and when little I knew that fall meant Christmas was near! Now I appreciate it a little more, I noticed the other day that only two leaves had turned on the big maple in our front yard, today a million are turning,so fast, when it’s all golden I’ll be sure to take a picture because it is beautiful!

I was so excited to receive my first banner in the mail Saturday, I won it from Korrie at Red Hen Home for leaving a comment on her blog after voting for Crafting With the Stars! It’s made from beadboard and I couldn’t wait to hang it from the mantle! She also sent it so fast, thanks Korrie I really love it! It was the finishing touch for my mantle!

PA111550

After hanging the banner I went ahead a added three, little Halloween pumpkins to what I already have on the mantel since we are all gearing up for Halloween! I like to keep it simple with Halloween decorating, I don’t care for the spooky, gory things that sell so well at the DT, I always want to ask “What are you going to do with this”? as I bag a severed hand and foot.LOL Also packages of brains and whatnot which I can’t even look at as I scan them. YUCK!

I guess this one is a gourd:)

PA111553

I was fooling with my camera on this shot, maybe I should quit fooling around with it because it’s kind a blurry!

PA111552

Here is the last one, peeking out at you!

PA111554

All and all I’m enjoying my mantle this year, I was always worried that I didn’t have enough on it or to much, this year I just went with it!

PA111557

I saw this on Pinterest and knew I had to try it, I bought the vase at the DT and also the little pumpkins, ribbon from JoAnn’s!

PA111543

I put it on the ladder I have in the diningroom along with some spray painted pumpkins that I did a couple days ago, I realized I didn’t have enough!

PA111542

PA111544

I’ll probably have to put the vase up for Thanksgiving I know one of the little ones will bump into it and glass would be everywhere, wouldn’t want anyone hurt!

PA111545

I’ll be joining these  great parties:

Wow Us Wednesday

Nifty Thrifty Tuesday

Tuesdays Treasures

Primp Your Stuff Wednesdays

Autumn Arrives Party

9 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

How cute Rondell! I love the banner too. You are busy getting Fallified. The smell is coming our way too.

Natasha in Oz said...

I really wish it was fall again over here in Australia. I Love Spring but I hate hot, humid summer days!

How fabulous that you were inspired by Pinterest! My weekly Pinterest linky party is still on and I would be so thrilled if you could link up this Pinterest inspired post!

Best wishes and happy Fall!
Natasha.

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

Aww, what a cute banner.

cynthia lee designs said...

I love the banner!! Your mantel looks great and so do the little pumpkins in the glass vase!!
Hope you are having a great week.
hugs,
Cindy

Gina said...

Your mantel looks great & I love the banner. It's so unique being made from beadboard.

andrea@townandprairie said...

I like your little pumpkin guys all lined up on the stool! andrea@townandprairie

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

Your mantle looks great! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I ahve my mantle posted too if you want to come back to see it. XO, Pinky

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Rondell, I'd say you nailed your fall mantle look this year. It is perfect! I especially love the crows around the mirror. Your new banner combined with everything else totally completes the look. It's so cute!

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Rondell, what a great post. I'm visiting via Wow Us Wednesday! Your fall decor is great! I am your newest follower and I hope you will follow back! Be blessed!