Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fall is in the Air!

Yes, it is! Today was the start of school for Sydney and Sam now in 4th and 1st grade, when the bus pulled away my daughter had tears in her eyes saying “Their getting so big” I said “just wait”, right ladies? Of course we both forgot our camera’s but it was pouring down rain and chilly so it just wasn’t picture worthy, I’ll take some on a sunny day!  I hope they are having a wonderful first day of school♥

I sure had an experience Tuesday afternoon as I was watching both of them at their home, I was sitting at the computer (of course ) which is on the first level of their home and I could feel the floor vibrating underneath the computer chair. I looked up and the Barbie Townhouse was swaying back and forth, I think this lasted 60 seconds or so, the other’s were on the second level (livingroom and kitchen, they have a tri level home) “an earthquake” I said and of course they called me “crazy grammy!  NOT CRAZY!!! I knew it was true when we looked up the newspaper on the internet and Pittsburgh had felt it! My first earthquake and I hope my last, a really weird feeling my friends! I can still see that Barbie Townhouse going back and forth! Michael, who was teaching at the time in Anapolis, Maryland, felt it even worse, he thought a bomb had gone off, of course his school was dismissed for the day! I hope and pray it I never feel that again, a very helpless situation!

It’s a very fallish day here in Pa. so I’d like to share what I’ve been buying to decorate my home for the new season we are going to enter soon, just can’t believe it!

First is this fall wreath that I bought a Barbra’s Country Store over the weekend, love it!P8241308 

Aren’t they pretty? At the Dollar Tree!

P8241294

Found these at GW for .89!

P8241295

Closer look at them!

P8241296

Glittery garland from the Dollar Tree also! Love it under the soup tureen so maybe it will stay there when I decorate for fall, there is two there so maybe I should get another one!

P8241300 

See the glitter on them, and just a dollar, get them because they go fast! People are even buying Christmas stuff that they have started to put out!

P8241298

These leaf tea light holders are from Family Dollar…just a buck!

P8241302

Love them!

P8241301

A Fall Welcome mat from Family Dollar too…$6.00! I think it will look so nice in front of my black door which I’m still loven BTW!

P8241304

I picked up this wreath holder at JoAnn’s, It will be so nice to be able to put a wreath on the front and this hanger lets me put another one on the inside of the door…it was $5.99!!

P8241303

This beauty came from, of all places, Rite Aid! I got her 50% off for just $3.99, she is so classy looking isn’t she?

P8241306 

I think she’s the best fall chicken I’ve ever seen, those are acorns on her wing!P8241305

At the end of this past winter I bought these tin leaf napkin rings, two sets for $2.00 each at Bed Bath and Beyond with coupon!

P8251309

Really neat looking I think, of course I have to get some newer napkins!

P8251312

Also picked up these little gourd candles…so cute!

P8251310

Also for $2.00!

P8251311

I think I’ll have a very pretty Thanksgiving table this year, the granddaughter’s are getting old enough now to make special memories and I want them to remember their Grammy’s home for the holidays, I never had grandparents and I’ve always felt cheated by that so I want to make their memories good ones, ones I wish I had!

I’ll be joining these parties, thanks ladies for doing this, I always have fun looking at everyone’s links, I know you will too! Just click on the links below and they will take you to the specified party!

Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground

Thrifty Thursday@ Thrifty and Fabuless

Thrifty Thursday @ Thrifty Decorating

Open House Party@ On Sutton Place

Treasure Hunt Thursday @ From My Front Porch to Yours

16 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

Can't believe you felt the earthquake there. Supposedly we did too, but not me. OK that's it, I am getting out my Fall decor next week. DONE! Love Fall, and I can't wait. Love your decor, that wreath is so cute.

Brandi said...

I'm anxious to decorate for Fall too. you found some great deals. loving your decor.

Anonymous said...

Hi and all of your fall decorating is so pretty! I'm ready to start too if I could just get off my puter! :)
Lots of great ideas.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Patti said...

Living in the Northwest, I didn't feel a thing (of course), but I can certainly imagine how frightening it must have been. I lived in Florida for years, and we had our own frightening phenomenon (hurricanes). Those are predictable, though, so one can take precautions. Not so with the earthquake.

Yes, kids grow up so fast...way too fast..much faster than we're ready for. That's why we need to be making the most out of every day we have when they're little. I always try to remind young moms of how fleeting the days with little ones really are.

I am one of those that is not at all excited about fall. I dread the ending of summer every year, and I actually refuse to decorate for fall until November. (Sort of like the ostrich, I guess...if I don't acknowledge it, then it isn't happening, right? Only thing is, the weather never cooperates with that mindset...it's usually cold the first week of October.)

Blessings,
Patti

Cindy said...

You have found some great Fall decor already, I haven't looked yet, but it is probably out there here in Canada as well.
Hugs, Cindy

Pamela said...

LOVE all your fall touches! It is still wayyy tooo hot here for me to think about pulling out the fall. And OMG abt the earthquake!! You crack me up with the Grammy crazy thing!:) My mom lives in Georgia and they felt it as well all the way down there!! Thanx for linking up to THT and hope to see you again next week!

Anonymous said...

I adore all of these goodies you have found! I love fall, but don't think I will be seeing any fall like weather here in California for awhile :( Have a great week! Xoxoxo

Gina said...

Oh Rondell, I love all your pretty Fall goodies! I was thinking of decorating early (next week before I head back to work) because I love fall so much. You've inspired me to actually do it!

So you felt the earthquake? I bet it was scary. We didn't feel it, but several friends did.

NanaDiana said...

Really cute Fall stuff. I can't believe summer is almost over already! I love that silly chicken! xo Diana

Debra@CommonGround said...

Oooh, that must have been a little scary watching the doll house swaying. But finding fall goodies makes up for a little "scare". I'm so ready for fall. Thanks so much for linking up with VIF, xo Debra

Natasha in Oz said...

I have been watching the news about all of the terrible weather you all have been having over there. I'm glad you are all OK.

As you are thinking about Fall I am thinking about Spring! Isn't the world amazing!!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Fall is definitely in the air here. All your fall touches are perfect. Thanks for linking up to Open House Party. Try to come back next week!

Pam@OurAdventuresInHomeImprovement said...

Great fall decor! I'm sure your grandkids will love seeing all of the fun decorations! I'm still trying to enjoy as much of summer as I can, but do like fall. :)

Have a great day!
Pam

Ricki Treleaven said...

How scary! I am glad that I could not feel the earthquake. I am enjoying all the fall decorations, but it is so hot here, i am still decorating for summer. It has been 100 degrees here, so fall has definitely not been in the air here!

Honey at 2805 said...

I hope it is your last earthquake too! What cute touches you have found for Fall. It's so blasted hot here, it's hard to get in the mood, even though I love it!

Thanks for your comment & I so appreciate your posting my Linky Party button on your sidebar. So happy that you plan to been there to help make it a success!

I am your newest follower!

Anonymous said...

Great finds indeed! Thanks so much for linking up to Thrifty Thursday.