Friday, July 8, 2011

My Front Door…Done!

Hello everyone, it’s going to be another hot one today 87 with possible storms and showers, I’d love it if it did rain, so that for just today, I wouldn’t have to water flowers! I’m trying to keep them nice for at least Saturday, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed
I’ve wanted to show you my newly painted front door for a week now so here it is…love!
After
P7061058
before painted barn red from last Christmas…liked it but it was time for a change!
005
  What a difference huh?  A friend of ours spray gunned it for me and it turned out great I just had to do the outside trim of it, his helping like that sure saved me hours of time…thanks Dave! 
1. black paint free, Dave had some already!
2. Welcome mat from Dollar General
3. Rocking chair from Ollie’s
4.black polka dotted pillow from GW
5. little plant stand that I painted from GW
6. flowers and fern from Lowes!
So here is a little tour around the house and to show you all the work Mr. K did!
Love to get a new door handle but out of the question right now, maybe next year! Did you notice the out of date screen door is gone! Took me six years for that one ladies!
P7061072
To the right of the porch!
P7061078
This is my window box below the kitchen window when I first planted the flowers and then painted the window boxes…duh!
P5100809
Look how they have grown! I had to take out those little red flowers, because they weren’t doing so well…yes, I went blonder!
P7061074
Stush and Dave weren’t sure about a black door but when it was up and done they both liked it!
P7061059
This is to the left of the door…
P7061077
and around the corner of the house! I used to be really into birdhouses!
P7061087
Now to the right again!
P7061075

P7061078
With a light on in the window!
P7061081
Can you see the Hoosier  behind the light there? It always looks so pretty at night from outside!
P7061086
Beginning of our driveway, Mr. K built the newspaper holder!
P7061083
Another birdhouse on another stump of a tree that the lighting got to!
P7061082
The garage door is painted khaki like the window boxes and the boat is finally uncovered:)P7061084
That’s not our shed but the churches across the road. The galvanized washtub I found at a yardsale for .25!
P7061065
Here’s a closer look!
P7061064
Under the tree here is a side of an old farm wagon, you can see the side there where a wheel would have been!
P7061062
This place always looks so cool looking even when it’s in the 90’s!
P7061071
Part of the back, you should see it now all filled with tents and tables!
P7061088
I’m so sorry for such a hurried post but I’m sure you understand♥
I’m joining these parties and thanks ladies for taking the time to host them!
Flaunt It Friday
Feathered Nest Friday
Inspiration Friday
Show and Tell Friday

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Rondell, I love your front door painted black!! Your home and yard are just beautiful!!
~Cindy~

Debbiedoos said...

That looks so nice Rondell. Love the bucket with flowers too.

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Rondell, This looks really nice! I was wondering if you would email me. My hubby says he doesn't want me giving my prim/grubby stuff away. What did you do with yours?

The Decorative Dreamer said...

The front door looks great. I have had to redo several flower boxes this year already too. Your yard looks so nice and I love your very big boat! Hope you get to enjoy it soon!

Brandi said...

Amazing transformation! It's funny how all of the little details can make SUCH a difference.

Gina said...

Oh Rondell, everything looks so beautiful, including your newly painted door! You worked so hard & now I'd say you are ready for the big day. Enjoy!

Crystal @ Ordinary Days said...

I love your door and everything just looks so pretty! :)

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

The door looks fantastic! Your whole house and yard look so pretty, and I can't believe you got a washtub for a quarter! That's a killer deal.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Everything looks so pretty! I love the new front door color..classic! My fav...the washtub filled with flowers! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie
PS...Thanks for entering the giveaway!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Great job on the front door and what luck to have someone to spray it! I've always wanted to try a paint sprayer. Turned out great...your house is so nicely landscaped and manicured. I love houses like that...well cared for. Have a great rest of the week!

Anita at Cedar Hill said...

It looks lovely and so welcoming.

Fishtail Cottage said...

fabulous entry...love everything about it! xoxo, tracie

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Your home looks wonderful, Rondell!

Tammy

liz@alittlepeaceofhome said...

i love your door! thanks for sharing it over at PeaceofHome today! your yard is beautiful, too!

Sandra Ludwig said...

By any chance, are you matching the color of your door to the season? Regardless, it looks great. The color matches the mood of the season. And I get this feeling that living in that neighborhood will be relaxing, since it looks peaceful.