Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A Cutlery Carrier!


Gee, guess I needed a vacation from a vacation huh? Travel to and from Jamaica was not good and running thur the airport carrying heavy luggage was just not good for me at all! I woke up Monday morning with pain under my left shoulder blade and couldn’t take a deep breath without pain so off to the chiro I went! I had a rib out of place that was causing the pain and the only thing out of the ordinary I did was the heavy luggage and running with it, I went back today and I’m feeling much, much better…thank goodness!
So needless to say I haven’t felt very creative at all but yesterday I did manage to paint this cutlery carrier, at least that’s what I call it, I bought it at the flea market years ago! It started out a dark, varnished wood then when I was into prim I had painted it a mustard color and put a stain over it.  Dark and stormy here so I tried pictures in the best places I could
P4190561
When I got home from vacation I found my free sample of Valspar paint waiting for me, such a cute free kit I thought.
P4190562
The color I chose was Jade Bath, here is the picture of the paint I hope it shows up good on your computer! Looks gray on mine but like I said the weather here in Pa. is gloomy today. Believe me it’s a very light blue with a greenish hint to it.
P4190564
I’m a little disappointed I thought it would show up better, I couldn’t wait for another day because I work everyday till Sat. evening. I think you can tell by comparing it to the crocheted runner it’s on and the curtains that are to the left.
P4200565
Some distressing I did with my detail sander, love that sander because without any pressure from me it gives great distressing! I also added mocha glaze to it very lightly.
P4200566
Look at the bubbles in the glass of this Mason jar, I have a whole box full of them that I traded with my sister for a prim crock bench…no more looking for ball jars anymore I have more than enough in my basement!
P4200568
Another picture of it, such pretty colors!
P4200567
I’m keeping it here for now!


I know I missed yesterdays linky parties but I’ll join anyway and also Wednesdays and Thursday ones too!!
Under Ten Tuesdays
Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays
Twice Owned Tuesdays
Tuesdays Treasures
Transformations and Treasures
Wow Us Wednesdays
Transformation Thursdays
Open House Link Party
I hope to be back for Friday's parties too, I’m going to really try to get a project done that I’ve been wanting to do for a while. Thanks Ladies for having these great parties for us, so many ideas and inspiration out there!!!
I do love reading your comments they make it all worth while don’t you think? A huge thank you to my newest followers and one's that have been following you are the greatest!

Rondell
P4200569

20 comments:

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Glad you're feeling better! I love the white with the blue. I have some of those ball jars too. Thinking I need to paint my carrier too.

cynthia lee designs said...

Love, love, love your cutlery carrier and your blue mason jars!!! And I love how you display it too...so pretty!!!

So glad to hear that you are feeling better. I have another appointment with my Chiro doctor tomorrow...I'm slowly getting better.
hugs,
~Cindy~

Patti said...

What gorgeous Mason jars!! LOVE that color.

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

I love the color you used! It looks so pretty with your jars. I'm insanely jealous that you have an entire box of them!

NanaDiana said...

Rondell- It looks great- I think a lot of us went through the primitive phase at one time or another...and country...well, you name it and I have probably had some form of it. The paint really dressed your little carrier up. It is perfect with the old Ball jars in it. I'll be thinking of you because I am working until Saturday too...off Easter Sunday and then back for 3 more days! UGH... Have a good week- xxoo Diana

NanaDiana said...

Ooooooppps forgot...sorry about your shoulder...I think you should sue the airlines! just a thought...people have sued for less!;>)

michele said...

thanks for stopping by! oh i do love love love aqua and that photo of the jars does them such justice! beautiful.

michele

Tanya said...

Oohh, that turned out great...and I love the Mason Jars =) Thanks for visitng my blog!

Colleen/And Baby Makes Five said...

Love the caddy, Rondell! And those gorgeous blue jars too. I'm glad you're feeling better this week...

Kindra-At Home With K said...

Ouch! A rib out of place doesn't sound fun. Glad you are feeling better. We all missed you in blogland!

I love this carrier makeover. The color is perfect! The mason jars are just perfect for this display.
Thanks so much for linking up to Terrific Under Ten!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

This is So pretty and I love how you've filled it with the jars and flowers! Great color choice!

Kelly said...

Hello! I found you through Wow of Wednesday. I LOVE those balls jars and how you displayed them. So gorgeous. I'm following you now!!

Come visit!


Kelly

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Oh my...LOVE this makeover...looks great! I'm still kicking myself for selling one like yours a few years ago (at the time I just had way too much stuff). Thanks for coming to the party.

Blessings,
Linda

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

That's a lovely arrangement! Your mason jars are beautiful. Thanks for stopping by Red Hen Home!

Pam @ Our Adventures in Home Improvement said...

The carrier looks great! I love the canning jars in it.

I'm glad you're feeling better!

Have a great day.
Pam

Hyphen Interiors said...

Love those jars. I ordered that paint, too! But the color looked way different on my monitor - like a raspberry color. When I got it, it was more like tomato. Boo... But, cool promotion! Glad yours turned out well.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Rondell, The carrier is wonderful and I love the blue mason jars!! Thank you for joining my party and I am now a follower.
Hugs,
Sherry

Anonymous said...

Hi I found you at Savvy Southern Style - love the "cutlery" holder and what you've done with it. And I really love your Ball jars. My hubby's cousin found @ 50 in the corn crib when they bought the old family farmhouse - she gave me one of the tall ones and I love it! She says I can have two more, and I believe I will:) Thanks for sharing the beauty with us, I'll come back often to visit.

Noble Vintage said...

so cute! love it!! I have jade bath in the tray of our master bedroom ceiling :) I love waking up to that color. Thanks so much for sharing this at Transformations and Treasures! Glad your chiro was able to fix you up!

Janna Renee said...

I love mason jars, they are so versatile and I really love using old crates/wooden boxes! You did a lovely job!