Monday, July 5, 2010

Our 4th !

Hello everyone! What a great weekend we had and by catching up with all your blogs I see you had a great weekend too. We always spend our 4th on the river which is right down the hill from us, here is our boat Mr. K is getting it ready to take it to the dock.
100_2955
Our friends following us and you can see all the boats in the background getting ready to line up to see the fireworks.
100_2969
My daughter and granddaughters on their friend’s boat.

100_2966
Here you can see the boats tying on to each other, it’s really beautiful at night with all the lights and the fireworks going off!
100_2972
  I did manage to get a picture of this home, it’s alot bluer than what the camera took…see the drapes at the bottom right hand corner of the house? Love it! As always it was a great time with family and friends, food was great too!
100_2979
 Remember this GW find from my last post? Well, I found sometime to paint it…
100_2946

and this is how it turned out, I can’t wait to find some more frames to do this to.
100_2983
 This clock I found last year at a yard sale for $5.00 and it was painted a blue country color. I painted it white and rubbed some stain on it, I don’t know if I’m crazy about it but for now it will do. I think it would look so much better with the cabinets painted white.LOL
100_2980
That’s about all tonight ladies, I was swimming today at my daughter’s…it was so hot and now I’m off to bed! Have a wonderful night where ever you are♥

Rondell

7 comments:

Kindra-At Home With K said...

I'm glad you had a great time on the water. Looks like a lot of fun!

I love the frame makeover! I have been collecting frames of all kinds this summer from garage sale to paint up white or some other "cool" color for a colage type arrangement. It's on the "to do" list.

I need to check out your blog list, too. There are a few blogs there I haven't seen before. :) Did you find any new ones you liked from my blogroll? How fun to change styles "together". :)

Julia said...

I love painting vintage detailed frames white... its so transforming!

Southern Fried Gal said...

I am a tad bit jealous of your boat party! We are lucky to have a pool so I should be happy with that but a boat on the lake/river is great fun, too!

Your projects are looking good! Isn't it amazing how paint can make such a transformation??!!

Thank for linking up to my surprise party! Have a great week!

The Tablescaper said...

Thank you so much for your kind comments and becoming a Follower!

It sounds like you had a great weekend. If you can't cool down on the water, there's no where to cool down!

- The Tablescaper

Anonymous said...

Hi Rondell,

What a great recreation to have a boat. Mr. VS would love to have a boat someday. Right now though we shall settle for our Harley Davidson!!

I look forward to seeing what goodies you find, keep em coming.

xo
LeAnn

Karen said...

What a perfect way to spend the 4th. It's so relaxing to be out on the water-I really need to find myself a friend with a boat. LOL!

I love the way your frame turned out. White paint always is a good solution.

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

Sounds like you had a perfect time celebrating the 4th!

I L-O-V-E that white frame you transformed! It turned out just perfectly!! :)