Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Bathroom and GW finds, oh and Also Marshall’s!

Hello everyone! Are you all getting geared up for the 4th of July? I can’t believe it’s already July 1st! I work tomorrow night but Saturday we will be on the boat to go watch fireworks on the river, I hope I remember to take my camera!
I thought I’d show you my main bathroom, it’s a bit overwhelming trying to do each room, do you think I should just stick to one room at a time? Has anyone else went thru this redecorating in a different style?
Before
100_2546
After
100_2931
Here is a close up of my new shower curtain and shower curtain rings… they go so well with the walls and the aqua! Love the little bling it gives!
100_2934
The top of a cabinet I found at the flea market for $5.00.
Before
100_2545
This is the top of it now, (below) I found the frame at Marshlal’s, it’s a blue ticking, and thought of the picture of my 3 granddaughter’s in the bathtub that was taken at my daughter’s, they are now 8, 6 and 5. The aqua shells I got at Walmart, already had the glass jar!
After
100_2932
Before
100_2539
After
100_2861
I love the clean look of it!
I found this seagrass basket at Walmart too and put some hand towels in it!
100_2864
 This too for on the top of the toilet…the aqua cup from GW and also the candle holder!
100_2865
Sorry for the glare but it’s a small bathroom and so hard to get good pictures in here but this a close up of the picture in the second picture!
100_2860
Today I took a trip to Goodwill, I haven’t been there for about a week or so and was getting withdrawl symptoms…so this is what I found
a beautiful throw, for $4.00 the colors are pink, crème and green.
100_2937
I found this picture for 1.99 and plan on taking the picture out and spray painting the frame and just using it that way, I’ve seen that on so many blogs out there and just love the idea!
100_2946
I almost forgot…this plate for $2.99 at Marshall’s I love things about Paris♥
100_2939
If it seems like I’m just buying this n that I’m not, I’m following LeAnn’s advice and making it Rondell’s, just buying what I love or need!
I wish everyone of you a very safe and Happy July 4th!
I’ll be back probably Monday…have a wonderful night wherever you are!
Rondell

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rondell,
I know exactly what you are going through with decorating in a different style. I'm getting ready to have a garage sale and took alot more of my primitive items down off the walls and shelves. Some to sale and some to make over. Things are looking alittle bare in places my house, but I know that I needed to do this and I am having fun hunting for new things. You are so right in buying what you love or need...our style doesn't need a name unless it is our name. We should always surround our self with the things we love...that is what make our house our home.
Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend.
~Cindy~

The Decorative Dreamer said...

You are doing great! I love seeing the changes! It seems to me everything you are buying is coming together nicely! Happy 4th!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Everything is looking great, Rondell...I, too, have yet to decide what decorating style I am because there are things I like about many different styles.

Have a great 4th!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Your new bathroom goods look great. Isn't it fun just making a few changes and having an all new look and feel. I hope you have a wonderful weekend and Happy 4th!!

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Rondell,

Your bath really looks great, light and refreshing! I think one room at a time is a great way to focus your efforts. Even if you have unlimited funds I think decorating the way people like us do is difficult. It takes time to find the right pieces, it's not always something you can just walk in and by anywhere. Know what I mean?

I'm in the process of redefining my style a little bit. I've not given up on prims completely but I'm staying away from anything really grungey looking. I think it's too depressing. I just came across a magazine called Cottage Style and it had three different ways beach, farmhouse or primitive and shabby. I think it's great that we can do what we like not follow one style in particular.

Good luck,
Carey

Debra from Bungalow said...

It seems the trend now is to lighten up. The bath looks wonderful with all your new finds! I have been lightening up too, getting rid of dark colors and adding creams. It refreshing!

Anonymous said...

Yep you are doing it right....buying what you love and finding the perfect place for it (although I shift my stuff around all the time but that's what makes it fresh and new again)!

Love the bathroom, very crisp and clean.

xo
LeAnn

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi Rondell, nice to meet you! I've been in a makeover frenzy this last few months, trying to lighten up my house. Going to more neutrals. I'm really enjoying it. Love the look of your bath, oh how I enjoy changes!
xo,
Debra

Debbie said...

Hi there~~~LOVE all the little changes you've made. I, too, went from black, and primitives to whites and beachy. Don't you just love the clean look? I'm having a ball turning the house upside down. It's all the opposite of what it was.
Great job!!!
Debbie@houseatthelake

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Rondell,
Thank you for stopping by and signing up to follow. Your blog is very pretty and I like the changes you made in your bathroom. Hope you have a wonderful July 4th weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

Tha bathroom looks great. I love all the changes and you really got some great buys to pull it together. Love the grandie girls in the tub! Cute. Linda

Decor To Adore said...

Oh I adore those shower rings! So pretty.

Thank you for your kind words. Monday I have a fun post planned and Wednesday is a giveaway, so come on by!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

Your changes are looking fabulous!! Thanks for your visit today!
XO
Kristin